Sunday, July 13, 2008

my crazy life

i have had a very crazy life.. when i was 12 my dad was sentenced to 30 yr in prison... my mom moved us up here and went to school.. and things have been crazy since.... i grew up learning about god and i think thats why it has taken me this long to finaly relize that i realy do need him. i lost faith for a while and it took a week in DCYC ( douglas county youth detention center) for me to realy understand the meaning of haveing real faith in god, that hes gonna take care of me.. i guess i didnt ever realy trust god with my life and allways thought that things just worked like they do but i was wrong.. i sat in there upset at the fact that i was there and that it took so long for anybody to get me out.. and then on thursday a guy came with some dounuts for the unit i was in and he shared with us his testimony and said that all we had to do was trust god.. and thats what i had been hearing all week.. god was telling me.. ashley dont worry about anything i got u. and for a while i wasnt listening. so i desided maybe these peolpe are right, what do i have to lose... yea i'm a christian but i sure wasnt a trusting christian. so i desided no matter what i wasnt gonna worry about how long i was gonna be there or where i would be going after i got out... i desided i was gonna let god handle it and i just let it go.. after that the girls that had a beef with me became my friends and we were all cryng, and laughing and sharing things with eachother... we discovered that we had more in common that we thought. and for the moment things started looking up... execpt for the when and wheres about me getting out... so i told a friend that if i started to fret for her to remind me of what i had comitted to do, to let god take care of it... and what do u know he did. i left yeasterday after being there for a week... and came out with friends and faith. my life is still crazy and now im in a foster home but it wont be as hard because i finaly leardned how to give it to god.

No comments: